CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Regatta


Saturday was our first Regatta race for the Waikoloa Canoe Club that I have joined. We practice 3 morning a week at 6am! Yikes! I never thought I would volunteer to wake up so early... let alone get in the water at that time of day. But, it is absolutely beautiful out on the ocean in the morning!!! I just love the workout and it is really getting my abs in shape! After I had been at the regatta for a couple of hours on Saturday I found out that I had some paper work missing and was not able to race :( BUMMER!! The volcano has been wreaking havoc on the air quality out here. The skies have been so full of vog (volcanic ash/fog) that the sun is sometimes not been visible. Saturday was like that.... really weird!


The water is so clear and blue... even when the sky is grey.
Rhett was a busy busy body and made Mike chase him around everywhere. There is so much going on, tons of people and of coarse water everywhere. I think next race I will leave him with a sitter.... less stress!
Look at that Hawaii sky... not typical for sure!


0 comments: